Get our Fit Father 30-Day Fat Loss Program here →
Get our Fit Father Old School Muscle Building Program here →
Subscribe to our channel here →
Our free resources:
24-Min Fat Burning Workout →
5 Best Muscle Building Exercises →
1-Day Weight Loss Meal Plan →
Read the full exercise guide here →
Mountain climbers are one of the most underutilized core exercises, and it's honestly too bad. Because not only are they great for strengthening all ab muscle groups, they're one of the best exercises to give your metabolism an extra boost after your workout.
So this is a must-watch particularly for guys looking for better fat loss exercises. Because as you'll discover, there's a lot that can go wrong with this exercise. So I want to share with you how to do mountain climbers properly along with the biggest mistakes to look out for.
Mountain Climbers – Step-by-Step Technique (0:27)
– Step 1: Set yourself into a press-up/plank position, with your hands just outside shoulder-width apart and a straight line through your head, shoulders, hips, knees, and feet.
– Step 2: Hold your core tight, take a deep breath in, and start driving your knees up towards your chest, alternating legs, as you breathe normally.
– Step 3: Each time you drive your knee up, maintain the straight line through your body and do not allow your butt to stick up or sag.
– Step 4: Each time you drive your knee up, your toe should remain around an inch from the floor. This will help avoid a jumping motion.
Sets, Reps, and Routine Recommendations (1:43)
– Step 5: Set a stopwatch for 30-45 seconds and complete the exercise until your time is up. You can do these in sets, or include them in a circuit with other cardio exercises.
** Pro Tip #1: Start by completing the exercise for 30-45 seconds, in sets or circuits.
** Pro Tip #2: You can find other alternative cardio exercises in our article ’20 Best Exercises For Men’.
Once you learn how to do mountain climbers properly, you'll have an incredible exercise in your routine to give yourself an extra boost in your metabolism after your workout. You don't need a gym, and it's incredibly time-efficient, so I highly recommend you lock in the proper form and incorporate mountain climbers into your workout routine.
More Recommended Videos:
7 Steps to Build Muscle At Any Age:
The Best Fat Loss Workout for Beginners:
If you feel your lifestyle could use an improvement, then check out our FF30X 30-Day Transformation Program at →
If you want to start putting on muscle TODAY, check out our Fit Father Old School Muscle Building Program at →
Your friends here at the FFP,
-Dr. Balduzzi + The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
**Disclaimer: This information is for reference purposes ONLY and cannot replace personal information you can and should discuss with your Doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should see your Doctor immediately. Results vary by individual, so we do not guarantee you will get the same results as any shown here or on our website.